Feathers

Most of the birds have died out as the Slowing began. 
First, there was a bird below my window. 
Then there were three or five on the streets.
Few days later, they were all over the roads, covering the beaches, filling up trash bins.


a nice picture of a seagull I randomly found on the internet.
Because you just don't think of taking a photo of something you're used to seeing everyday, every second.

Seth's drawing of gulls flying over the horizon.
He likes to draw birds.
Seth says he misses watching the birds, any kind of bird, fly across the sky.
He didn't give a damn about birds before.
But when the Slowing hit and birds started dying off, he realized how much he enjoyed observing them.
How much he was used to seeing them.
He said the way the birds flapped their wings gave him a sense of hope and freedom.

Birds were a part of our everyday lives.
And now they're gone.
I remembered reading books and stuff about how people were inspired by the flight of birds.
Like the airplane.
Wonder how many of them would survive in the next few years.

The first feather  Seth and I found together
If you search carefully enough, there are still feathers lying on the ground. 
It's hard to find a feather in decent condition though. 
Usually they're torn up and its fur rough. 
Often too wet or too dried up too.


My mother doesn't like me picking up feathers of dead birds.
She says they probably carry some kind of horrible disease.
Even father takes her side on this matter.
I can't say I disagree with them though.
It's most likely true that these feathers are dirty after all.

So this is what Seth and I do instead.
We create a little art work of our own:
A Day's Collection