Flower Press

Flower Press
This is done by simply putting flowers and leaves in between pages of
heavy books, like a dictionary. 

Seth and I figured that flowers and plants would be the first to die out. 
We realized this when the site of the familiar wild flowers became scarce.
The flowers that were blooming now could be their very last blooming.

Then I remembered the art of Flower Press.
I probably only did it once or twice when I was very young, 
but not much up to know.
This way, I can somewhat remember what flowers looked like.
And also show people from the future
that these were what once grew all over the Earth


This one we called Marigolds

These are blades of grass

These are just a handful of grass from my neighbors' yard. 
Not much of the healthy green grass that I once knew of is left. 
Soon, there will only be a patch of brown and yellow dead grass. 
It's a pity that I can't record the sent of grass...
Especially the smell of grass when they had just been cut during mid summer.
I used to hate that smell. 
But I miss it now. 

I still remember how the grass smelled under my nose as I laid down with Seth 
during the sudden eclipse that took place during school.  






This one Honeysuckles
These are Honeysuckles. One of my favorite flowers around my area.
Like it's name, the flower has a very sweet scent. 
I was not able to find another honeysuckle after this one. 









This one we call rose bush
The dying rosebush near Sylvia's house.
It used to bloom wonderful roses of vivid colors during the summer.
The flowers had withered away and so is the bush itself.
Sylvia still sometimes tend to it, but seems like the bush is already dying and there is nothing left for us to do.
I wish it could bloom one more time.
Just one more time.





This one we called Maple Leaves
Trees are dying as well.
One by one, plants not only around California,
but around the world will die and soon go extinct.
This is why were are collecting what's left of them.